Alyssa Liang shares her Top 12 Things to Do in Kyoto 日本京都 , released in April 2015. Kyoto is a beautiful city full of history and culture; good food and fantastic shopping experience!
- Nanzen-ji temple, established in 1291
- Konchi-in inside the Nanzen-ji temple complex
- Tenjyuan Garden inside the Nanzen-ji temple complex
- Cherry blossoms at Tetsugaku no Michi (in early April)
- Ginkaku-ji temple founded in 1490
- Kinkaku-ji temple founded in 1397
- Ryoan-ji temple founded in 1450
- Lunch break at the best noodle restaurant in Kyoto, Hakata Ippudo (一風堂)
- Nishiki Market for shopping
- Gion, Kyoto’s most famous geiko (geisha) district
- Sukiyaki dinner at Gion (excellent Wagyu beef and kobei sashimi)
- Final stop of the day, a jazz bar for a drink to celebrate a excellent day! Opened in 1974, this place has quite a eclectic collection of items!
A 10 minute stroll back to the Gion Maifukan Hotel Kyoto, one of our favourite places to stay in Kyoto.